A Word On Bishop Eddie L. Long

I have been asked by many people my stance or position on what's happening to the pastor of the Newbirth Church Bishop Eddie Long and the charges against him for soliciting homosexual sex and favors. I find this to be an extremely sad situation that has befallen this prominent Black Pastor and his congregation and I feel that it is time that I weigh in on this heavy situation.

First, let me say that I do not speak of Pastor Long's innocence or guilt as it pertains to this issue. That is truly between him and Jesus Christ and honestly we can say one way or the other what we feel, but ultimately the truth is truly known to those who are involved. I do speak of the fact that in the Body of Christ many people are edified to near deity proportions when they should be focusing on their relationship with Jesus Christ directly. I feel compassion for those in Pastor Long's congregation and those around the world who will lose faith in Jesus based on what they perceive of Pastor Long. This is unfortunate, but as people we must personify something until we can believe it on our own.

This is why people in all churches need to focus on relationship with Jesus versus a pastor, bishop, reverend or elder that has mass appeal and influence. The Bible teaches us not to put confidence in man, but we do it anyway because we need to see something and many pastors around the world allow this personification to happen and many times they know its wrong, but enjoy the benefits! Sickness! They utterly defile the position of a pastor and are abominable!

I close with this... Take your eyes off of any major leader and put them on Jesus Christ! Not a system or a dogma or a religion, but seek Jesus Christ and I know that He will make all things plain to you and that He will not let you down! I pray for Pastor Long and I hope that the allegations are false, but if they are true I pray that Pastor Long is willing to repent and allow God to place him in the Refiner's Fire to be made whole!

I implore anyone who is not saved or sure of where you will spend eternity please ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and that you wish Him to be the Lord of your life. No matter what you've done and no matter what you've been you are forgivable and Jesus will accept you back as His own. We all have to come to Jesus as broken and flawed as we are because He knows this and still loves us! No sinner's prayer and no pomp and circumstance. Just a one-to-one conversation with Jesus. Find a church that is focused on the Bible and not religion and then begin to read that same Bible like your life depended on it. Trust me, if you really want Jesus to live in and through you He will do just that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you know the true history of Lent?

Post-Election Healing: Standing in the Wake of the Lying Prophets

Let The Truth Be Told...