Its okay to not be okay...

I just spoke with a lady who was so down on herself and her life's condition that it was heartbreaking. Everything was wrong and everything was broken and I looked at her and said "You're the only you you've got so love YOU!" to which she looked me in the eye and said "Thank you! I needed that!"

That reminded me that we are all broken and we all need mending by the Father. Pains that are physical, emotional and spiritual are crippling and we all need a Savior who knew what it was like to be beaten down, kicked, whipped and spit on for nothing. Jesus came to heal the broken hearted as the scripture says in Isaiah 61:1.

The secret is not to chase a pastor, a sermon or signs and wonders, but to chase after God first makes the healing come. Don't get me wrong, a God loving pastor with the heart of a true shepherd is awesome, but if they fall what would happen to the sheep if the rely on that pastor more than God? God forbid that they fall too...

I implore you all to seek the Master Physician who is Jesus Christ. We don't have to be perfect to come to Him to be healed, delivered or saved. We just have to come. Imagine if a hospital required only well patients to come in their doors! They would have no one because if you were well you wouldn't need to come!

To the broken, beaten and downtrodden I say to you don't give up. Seek Jesus and He will come through and bind your wounds in love and not judgement. Care and not condemnation. Trust me... I was there too and I still get beaten up sometimes. Just know that God will never turn anyone away for being beyond repair!

Its okay to be human... Just don't stay hurt... Jesus loves you and so do I!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you know the true history of Lent?

Christians Should Avoid Halloween

Post-Election Healing: Standing in the Wake of the Lying Prophets